The annual Quad Riders ATV Association of BC poker ride was held in Logan Lake in 2019 and was a huge success due to the hard work and efforts of the Logan Lake ATV Club and the warm welcome from the community of Logan Lake.
Over two hundred people participated in the week long event, with over 160 off-road vehicles riding in the poker ride (quads, SxS and dirtbikes).
The Poker Ride route was wonderful – from easy sections through fields of wildflowers, to some narrower, bumpy sections, to hill climbs that led to scenic views and some straight stretches to get the adrenaline flowing, the route had it all!
View the ATVBC event calendar for details of upcoming events!
Poker Ride fun
Prizes – huge payouts!
Prize winners included:
50/50 winners won $125 each: Barbara Holley, Les Baker and Bob Weatherston
1st Prize: $1,700 – Tim Morrow with four-of-a-kind (kings)
2nd Prize: $1,010 – Dennis Swanson with four-of-a-kind (eights with ace high)
3rd Prize: $680 – Aaron Schlechter with four-of-a-kind (eights with a 5 high)
Laughs and good times with friends!
The Logan Lake ATV Club did an excellent job organizing the event, and this list, provided by the club, in no way represents the contributions of all who worked tirelessly to make the event amazing.
- Brian Clarke and his team who set up and marked the Poker Ride route – then rode it again and again to ensure all markers and signs were visible.
- The onsite check-in and registration was quick and seamless, with Edoline Saarela, Trinet and all the others who spent hours and hours greeting guests, providing information, checking folks in, and making sure the coffee was always on.
- Curtis Riffel, president of the Greater Kamloops ATV Association (GKAA), Carol, GKAA member and Leo (Quad Squad South Cariboo ATV member) jumped in to assist with breakfasts on Friday and Saturday morning.
- The Ranch and Country Club provided a fantastic venue and delicious BBQ
- Carol Bottenfield from GKAA, Deb from Vancouver Island, Edoline Saarela and Carol Clarke and her team organized the stations along the Poker Ride route and the stops ran quickly – thanks to all volunteers who managed stations
- Bob Bogula and Dennis Saarela who gathered event prizes
- Carol Dawn and Gary Griffin for finding and hauling donated tables and for hauling over 600 bottles of water and all the site garbage cans
- Dennis Saarela who set-up the campsite and did so much more
- VisionQuest team for maintaining the port-a-potties and campsite garbage cans
- Chris D’Silva for his extensive work with the Ministry of Transportation and Logan Lake RCMP and Logan Lake municipal government for permits
- ATVBC Director Bob Stewart who is the best salesman and auctioneer
- Chris and Jane D’Silva and the 2019 Logan Lake organizing committee who did so much
- Everyone else who assisted in big and small ways to organize such a successful event!
- All who shared their event photos: Jerry for the drone video of the campsite, Barb Holley, Carol-Ann Bottenfield, Chris Shirley, Cindy Bonner, Dave Burns, Debbie Barker, Debora Kliewer, Don Bugden, Eddi Saarela, Chris Taylor, Leo Holthuysen, Chris Pylatuk, Chris Shirley and Ryan McKay
Sponsors and donations
So many businesses, organizations and individuals provided event sponsorships or prize donations that nearly everyone won a prize!
Back Roads Maps
Cache Creek Jade and Gifts
Canadian Tire Kamloops
CIBC Logan Lake
Copper Valley Motel
District of Logan Lake
Gold Country Geotourism
Highland Valley Copper
Home Building Centre
Home Depot Kamloops
Logan Lake Country Cafe
Logan Lake Go To Shop
Logan Lake IDA Drug Store
Logan Lake Ranch and Country Club
Logan Lake Realty
Logan Lake Search and Rescue
Logan Lake Tirecraft
Logan Lake Video
Lost Traction ATV Club
Lower Mainland ATV Club
Mayor and Council of the District of Logan Lake
Merritt Home Building Centre
Merritt Canadian Tire
Merritt Extra Foods
Merritt United Church
Mr. and Mrs. G Wilson
Nicola Motor Sports
Princess Auto Kamloops
Van Houtte Coffee